Attend the info sessions

Every year KASK & Conservatory organise an info session full of interesting information. The exact date will be announced via the website and the internal newsletter. More info via the student affairs department.


Most exchanges take place in Europe. In this case you will need to apply for a EZVK (Europese ziekteverzekeringskaart or European health insurance card) with your health insurance fund. Make sure you have additional coverage for certain medical interventions in case of emergies (travel insurance is recommended). More info on

Language skills

Are you doubting about your (professional) language skills? Try to take an optional language course at school, or register for a language course in a CVO (Centre for Adult Education).

If you are opting for an exchange in Europe you will be invited to assess your language level by means of a language test before departure. Is your language level insufficient you will need to take an online language course. You will need to retake the test upon your return to Belgium. This way you can monitor your own progress, and Europe can assess the influence of international exchanges on language competences of Erasmus students.

Travel documents

A Belgian identity card is sufficient to travel within the European Union and some of its neighbouring countries. For other destinations you will need an international passport, which you can apply for at the Civil Affairs Department of your place of residence. Do you want to know if you can travel with your Belgian identity card to your destination? Have a look at the website of the Foreign Affairs, Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation and make sure to meet the application deadline for your international passport! 

For destinations outside of the EU you might need a visa or work permit in order to study or work. The website above can provide you with the necessary information as your visa or work permit is concerned. More detailed information on popular travel destinations for students can be found on Chamilo. 

We highly recommend to register your travels on if you decide to go outside of Europe. This way our government can reach you in case you are in distress or prone to an emergency situation.

You are responsible to apply for your own visa so make sure you meet the necessary deadlines and formalities!

Post your student room on Facebook

What to do with your student room while you are abroad for a few months? Perhaps an exchange student who plans on studying at KASK & Conservatory would be interested in using it. Contact our student affairs department for more information.

I want to go abroad as a student

Gaining international experience within your study programme is easy at KASK & Conservatory. Since the art field is pre-eminently international, we have an excellent international network with partner institutions and organisations that can help you find your bearings on your artistic path.

During your studies at KASK & Conservatory you can study or do a traineeship abroad for a semester or an entire year. The easiest and most accessible way to do this is via the Erasmus+ programme. You can choose from a list of approved partner institutions. In addition, KASK & Conservatory have several bilateral agreements with institutes outside Europe. The list of our partner institutions and their websites can be found on Chamilo under "studentenaangelegenheden / internationaal". Another option to gain some international experience is in the context of a Bachelor or Master's Thesis.

Follow us on social media to see an overview of our international activities:


Contact us