The story behind the piano duo Genova & Dimitrov seems somewhat of a fairy tale. Once upon a time, that is in 1995, there were two pianists who both dreamed of solo careers. They studied day and night at the Hannover Musikhochschule. One day, whilst preparing for a solo competition in Korea, they ended up in the school's only remaining practice room, which happened to contain two grand pianos. They decided to play synchronously, starting out with a Chopin Etude. The result was pure magic. They have been playing together happily ever since, winning pretty much all first prizes to be won worldwide. The degree of symbiosis that Genova & Dimitrov achieve during their performances remains unsurpassed. In 2017 they received the much coveted ECHO-KLASSIK-AWARD.
- Claude Debussy – En blanc et noir, suite voor twee piano’s (1915)
- Alfredo Casella – Pagini di Guerra, voor piano vierhandig Op. 25 (1916)
- Maurice Ravel– La Valse. Poème chorégraphique (1920)
- Igor Stravinsky – Le Sacre du Printemps voor piano vierhandig (1910 - 1913)
- Biezekapelstraat 9, 9000 GENT, € 20/15/15/0