Flutist Gaby PasVan Riet and guitarist Yves Storms have been a musical tandem for some time. Decades ago, they produced their first vinyl album, followed by a number of CDs. In 1979, Yves Storms received the Andrès Segovia award from the hands of Joaquín Rodrigo, gave concerts around the world and built up a highly popular guitar class at the Royal Conservatory in Ghent. Gaby Pas-Van Riet, to whom Helmut Lachenmann dedicated a work, won herself a permanent place in the SWR Symphonieorchester and the Bayreuth Festival Orchestra, as well as making regular visits to the Berliner Philharmoniker. It is time to bring old friends together! With such highspirited composers as Giuliano, Villa Lobos and Piazzolla standing alongside Bach and Ravel, this promises to be a finger-licking-good concert.
- J.S. Bach (1685-1750) – Fluitsonate nr. 4 in C, BWV 1033
- M. Giuliani (1781-1829) – Sonate, op. 85
- H. VillaLobos (1887-1959) – Schottisch-Chôro & Bachianas Brasileiras nr. 5
- J. Ibert (1890-1962) – Entr’acte
- J. Andersen (1847-1909 – Etude
- A. Piazzolla (1921-1992) – Histoire du Tango
- Biezekapelstraat 9, 9000 GENT, €20/15/0