The Vlaams Radio Koor pays homage to former conductordirector and godfather of contemporary choral music, Vic Nees. His Passio Super Galli Cantu was written as a counterpart to the three Passions by Jacobus Gallus (1550-1591) and will be in the company of six more composers, all of whom have some relationship to his musical legacy. Like Vic Nees, his contemporaries Morten Lauridsen and Arvo Pärt once again gave choral music a prominent place in our modern era. The younger generation is here as well. Jan Van der Roost and Ēriks Ešenvalds equally possess that unique talent for composing highlevel music that appeals to a wide audience and is gladly performed by amateur choirs. Finally, the concert takes on added rhythm with waltzes by Frédéric Devreese.
- V. Nees (1938-2013) – Passio super Galli cantu
- F. Devreese (1929) - Valse première, Valse sacrée & Valse d'un soir
- M. Lauridsen (1943) – Where have the actors gone & Nocturnes: III. Sure on this shining night
- J. Van der Roost (1956) – Of moon and sun
- A. Pärt (1935) – Da pacem domine
- Ē. Ešenvalds (1977) – The time has come
- Biezekapelstraat 9, 9000 GENT, €20/15/0