Three alumni of the KASK have been selected by an international jury for the international contest New Technological Art Award (NTAA) 2016, which is organized by the Liedts-Meesen Foundation in the context of the biennial Update_6. Dries Depoorter (alumnus graphic design), Michiel De Cleene (alumnus photography) and Elias Heuninck (alumnus fine arts / media art and collaborator of Herculeslab) are three of the twenty-one nominees that were selected out of an international group of 487 candidates. They will get the opportunity to realise their projects for the Update_6 exhibition, which is to be held from November 5 until December 4, 2016 at Zebrastraat Ghent. The nominees will compete for the coveted Prize of the Jury and Prize of the Public, which will be awarded at the end of the exhibition.
- Jan Van der Veken wins City of Ghent Cultural Award (06.07.16) Teacher
- Tjorven Bruyneel, Nick Hannes and Pauline Niks walk away with grant DOC*WERK 2016 (20.06.16) AlumniStudentTeacher
- Carll Cneut wins Vlaamse Cultuurprijs voor de Letteren 2014 (01.10.15) Teacher
- Philippe Van Cauteren in conversation with Ante Timmermans (01.10.15) Teacher
- Alain Platel wins ‘Vlaamse Cultuurprijs voor Algemene Culturele Verdienste 2014’ (01.10.15) Teacher