Costs at enrolment applicable for the academic year 2018-2019. Tuition fee for enrolment under diploma or credit contract.
- fixed administrative fee: € 245,20
- variable amount based on number of curriculum credits: € 11,70
- Standard full-time Curriculum: € 947,20
- fixed administrative fee: € 111,90
- variable amount based on number of curriculum credits: € 0
- Standard full-time Curriculum: € 111,90
- fixed administrative fee: € 242,80
- variable amount based on number of curriculum credits: € 4,20
- Standard full-time Curriculum: € 494,80
For the academic programs in drama, visual arts audiovisuals arts and music, students belonging to nationalities from outside the EEA will need to pay an increased tuition fee. This is based on art. II.215 of the Flemish Higher Education Codex.
- Fixed administrative amount: €735,60
- Variable amount per credit: €35,10
- Model Curriculum of 60 credits: €2841,60
Some non EEA students belong to a category exempted from paying the increased tuition fee, find more information here.
Scholarhips for non EEA students: The School of Arts will implement a scholarship system for non-EEA students in the drama, visual arts, audiovisual arts and music fields of study. Annually, scholarships will be disbursed that equal the amount of the increased tuition for non EEA-students (cfr. amounts mentioned hereabove). Scholarships can be awarded to students in a bridging program, preparation program and master program. More information
- Advanced Master Contemporary Music: € 2000
- Advanced Bachelor Landscape Development: € 1894
- Postgraduate Curatorial Studies: € 2950
- European Postgraduate of Arts in Sound: € 6000
- Postgraduate Digital storytelling: € 2950
- Postgraduate Music Performance Practice: € 3000
- Postgraduate Soloist Classical Music: € 3000
Contribution towards study costs
At our faculty each student pays an additional contribution towards the costs of materials, or a studio fee, apart from the tuition fee. The faculty council decides on the spending of this budget. For each programme, the studio fee is used for: syllabi and photocopies, the materials for the studios and labs, waste-disposal, study trips, investments, maintenance and repair of equipment, and graduation projects. The amounts listed below are applicable for curriculums of 45 ECTS credits and more. For students with a curriculum of less than 45 credits, the studio fee is calculated according to the content of the curriculum.
- € 25 for the Specific Teacher Training programme
- € 60 Interior Design distance education
- € 200 for Music – composition – music theory and notation, Music - classical music
- € 250 for Interior Design, Landscape and Garden Architecture, Musical Instrument Making, Landscape Development programmes, Music - jazz/pop, Music - music production
- € 300 for Drama, Photography, Graphic Design, Multimedia Design, Fine Arts, Fashion, and Master in Graphic Design
- € 350 for Textile Design and bachelor Graphic Design
- € 400 for the Film and Animation programmes
- € 877,70 for the International Master in Composition for Screen
Estimate of study costs
In order to have an idea of the additional costs, apart from the tuition and studio fees, it is best to consult the course sheets. There, under the heading ‘study costs’ you will find an estimate of the costs relating to each specific course unit.
Contact the student facilities office (STUVO) for more information on financial aid.