Studying abroad means that you study at a partner institution for a minimum of 3 months and maximum 12 months. You remain enrolled in our school and do not pay extra registration fees at the partner institution. Once you are back, the student administration integrates the credits and results you achieved into our programme.
Partner institutes in Europe (Erasmus+ programme)
If you choose a partner institution in Europe then your exchange must satisfy the Erasmus+ conditions. The most important conditions are:
- There is a bilateral agreement or an Erasmus work placement contract between KASK & Conservatory and the school you want to attend.
- The partner institution is located in one of the 27 EU member states or in Iceland, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Norway, Turkey or Croatia.
- You are enrolled as a regular student in KASK & Conservatory.
- You passed the first year.
- Your studies abroad last a minimum of 3 months and maximum 12 months.
- You must ensure that all the necessary paperwork, signatures and stamps are in order on time.
Partner institutes outside Europe
KASK & Conservatory work together with partners outside Europe. Every year students attend Kanazawa College in Japan and we have close ties with the Institut National des Arts (INA) in Kinshasa.
The list of our partner institutions and their websites can be found on Chamilo under "studentenaangelegenheden / internationaal".
Every student in the professional bachelor’s degree programme must complete a work placement. Our academic master’s degree students gain experience in the programme ‘art in the field of action’. You can gain this experience across the border. The school has contacts with organisations inside and outside Europe. A work placement coordinator will help you to make a choice that suits your individual path.
© Flora Blommaert for Future Footwear (more info on the project via http://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20180706_03601864)