Erasmus scholarship

The Erasmus programme provides Erasmus scholarships for foreign study and/or work placement abroad. During your student career, you can only claim one Erasmus scholarship for studying and one Erasmus scholarship for a work placement. The monetary value of the scholarships varies annually but fluctuates around 300 euro. The number of scholarships is limited. Read the procedures carefully before submitting an Erasmus application if you want to apply for a scholarship.

VLIR-UOS travel scholarship

Those who want to travel to a developing country for their work placement or bachelor or master’s degree thesis can apply for a VLIR-UOS travel scholarship. There is a call for candidates every year and you can submit your application and dossier. A limited number of these travel scholarships, worth 1000 euro, are available. A HoGent selection committee awards the scholarships based on several selection criteria.  You can find more information about the VLIR-UOS travel scholarships here. If you have concrete plans, it is best to contact the internationalisation department.

Erasmus Belgica

It’s not really going abroad but since 2004-2005 you can also complete part of your studies in the French-speaking or German-speaking Community (with a bilateral agreement). This initiative of the Prince Filip Fund wants to stimulate communication and exchange between the various Belgian Communities.

Going abroad during your studies

Gaining international experience within your study programme is easy at KASK & Conservatory. Since the art field is pre-eminently international, we have an excellent international network with partner institutions and organisations that can help you find your bearings on your artistic path.

During your studies at KASK & Conservatory you can study abroad for a semester or an entire year. The easiest and most accessible way to do this is via the Erasmus+ programme. You can choose from a list of approved partner institutions. In addition, KASK & Conservatory have several bilateral agreements with institutes outside Europe. Another option to gain some international experience is to carry out a work placement abroad.