In order to enrol in a bachelor programme you must hold a Belgian secondary school diploma. Additionally, for the Visual Arts, Audio-Visual Arts, Music, and Drama programmes you are required to pass the artistic entrance test.
If you would like to take up a master programme but do not hold the appropriate preparatory bachelor’s degree, you can check whether you can enrol in a bridging programme. For more information on this you can contact your learning track counsellor.
If you wish to apply for one of the English master programmes, please read carefully through the application guidelines and contact email@example.com if you have any questions regarding diploma or other documents.
Candidates for bridging and preparatory programmes follow the same procedure as candidates for a master programme.
Advanced bachelor landscape development
If you have a foreign bachelor’s degree, you should first contact the central service ‘Foreign Student Admission’ of HOGENT. You do this by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your nationality and the country where you obtained your certificates/diplomas.
You will be sent a digital application form with all the information and guidelines about which documents (legalized copies and translations of your diplomas and supplements) you need to provide. Foreign Student Admission is the central student affairs department that decides on your admission to HOGENT. Only when you are admitted to HOGENT can you apply to study at KASK & Conservatorium just like other students with a Belgian Bachelor’s degree.
Note: Depending on your country of origin, this procedure may take several months, so apply in time (before June 1).
SPECIFIC BELGIAN DIPLOMA
If you have a Belgian diploma from the following programs, you do NOT need to go through an intake procedure:
- Bachelor in agro and biotechnology (specialisation in green management)
- Bachelor in landscape and garden architecture
- Bachelor of applied architecture
- Bachelor of science in architecture
- Master of science in architecture
- Bachelor of science in engineering architecture
- Master of science in engineering architecture
- Bachelor of science in geography and geomatics
- Bachelor of science in geography
- Master of science in geography
- Master of science in Urban and Regional Planning
You can register directly online at webreg.hogent.be and then enroll as a student at KASK & Conservatorium for the Advanced bachelor in landscape development. You can complete your registration entirely online.
OTHER BELGIAN DIPLOMAS
If you have a Belgian Bachelor’s degree other than mentioned above, you DO need to follow an intake procedure.
- Fill in the intake document via this link as accurately as possible.
- Make an appointment (with the coordinator of the programme) for the intake interview with the orientation committee. You can do this by emailing email@example.com.
- During an individual intake interview, they will examine your motivation with regard to the Bachelor in Landscape Development. The information from your intake form will form the basis for the interview. It is especially important that you can explain the elements from your file and clarify your study choice and expectations. In addition, the interviewer will look for points of interest, general insights and thinking ability in the field of landscape development. Important qualities are: critical sense, involvement, drive, perseverance and self-discipline.
- Based on the intake form and the intake interview, the orientation committee will decide whether or not to admit you to the Bachelor of Landscape Development programme.
You will be informed of the decision immediately after the intake interview.
If you are admitted to the course you can register as a student at KASK & Conservatorium.
REGISTRATION AND ENROLMENT
Registration at KASK & Conservatorium takes place online via webreg.hogent.be.
In order to be able to register, you need the completed intake form, with the official permission of the orientation committee to register.
QUESTIONS ABOUT LANDSCAPE DEVELOPMENT?
More information about the landscape development programme can be obtained from:
- firstname.lastname@example.org (coordinator)
- email@example.com (student and learning track counsellor)
Bachelor interieurvormgeving via afstandsonderwijs
As distance learning is a very specific form of education, each candidate for this programme is required to do an intake interview. More information will be given upon preliminary registration.
Advanced master in contemporary music
In order to be admitted to the advanced master programme you must hold a master’s degree in music. Candidates for the advanced master follow the same procedure as candidates for the master of music.
You need a bachelor’s degree to enrol in the postgraduate curatorial studies, digital storytelling or for the European Postgraduate in Arts in Sound. There is an additional exploratory interview. More information will be given upon preliminary registration.
You need a master’s degree to enrol in the postgraduates soloist classical music en musical performance practice. There is an additional exploratory interview. More information will be given upon preliminary registration.
Educational master in arts
This information applies to the educational master’s programme in audiovisual and visual arts and the educational master’s programme in music and performing arts.
ABRIDGED PROGRAMME 60 CREDITS
You have a Master’s degree in the arts. The programme in which you obtained your master’s degree indicates the main subject to which you are admitted (music, drama, visual arts and audiovisual arts). Upon enrolment, you meet the language requirements as stated in the education and examination regulations: language level ERK B2 – “vantage”.
INITIAL PROGRAMME 120 CREDITS
You have a bachelor’s degree in the arts. The course in which you obtained your bachelor’s degree indicates the main subject to which you are admitted (music, drama, visual arts and audiovisual arts). Because the initial route also includes “artistic” credits, you will be invited for an orientation test, organised by the graduating section in question, after you register. Attention is paid to your motivation, your portfolio and artistic qualities and to your proposal for a master’s thesis.
Please note: this does not apply to students who obtain their Bachelor’s degree at KASK & Conservatorium and go straight on to the educational Master’s programme. Upon enrolment you meet the language requirements as laid down in the education and examination regulations: language level ERK B2 – “vantage”.