- 17.03.23, 16:00, application deadline session April
- 24.04.23, interview session April
- 23.06.23, 16:00, application deadline session August
- 28.08.23, interview session August
Based on your portfolio and master proposal (or motivation letter), the orientation committee will decide whether or not to invite you for an intake interview or audition. We will notify you of this decision by e-mail.
The test consists of a 25 minute audition and an interview by the orientation committee.
When you receive an invitation to participate in an interview or audition, we will inform you of the place and time the week before. All intakes take place at one of our campuses in Ghent and a personal presence is our preference. If you have to travel far, you can also participate in the interview or audition online.
In the audition you perform five standards/songs of your own choice
- Jazz candidates: you will have to prepare five standards/tunes of your own choice. If necessary, the conservatory will supply the accompanists (rhythm section).
- Pop candidates: you will have to prepare five pop songs. You will need to provide your own accompaniment or backing band.
Additionally, you will have to play a standard/song at sight (prima vista). The level of this song will not be too difficult and will be a jazz/pop song. During your practical instrument/voice test you have to show your artistic and technical level in as many ways as possible.
After your exam, there will be an intake (interview) with the orientation committee about your motivation, artistic discipline, communication skills and knowledge of the specific domains of performing music. The orientation committee consists of several teachers and experts in the field you are applying for. The orientation committee makes the final decision on enrolment in the master course.
possibility to audition online
Candidates in jazz or pop music may opt for an online video audition if they cannot come to the audition in person. Make sure your video meets the following standards:
- video and audio must be of decent quality ! Pay attention to the acoustics of your recording.
- video must be a live recording in which the judges can clearly see you playing your instrument !
- the audio must be the audio of the video recording. Edits, overdubs, extra mixes.... are not allowed.
We will let you know by e-mail no more than two working weeks after your interview or audition whether you passed or failed the test. If you pass, you can continue with the registration procedure. If you have not received a message after two weeks, please feel free to contact the admissions officer by mail.