If you wish to enroll in a professional bachelor program, you must have a Belgian secondary school diploma or an equivalent certificate and you must meet the Dutch language requirements.

foreign diploma

The documents below must be uploaded with your online registration: 

  • Copy of diploma(s) 
    After registration, we will request confirmation of your diploma(s):
  1. Option 1: “Authenticated diploma”, a copy of your diploma certified as authentic by the educational institution where you obtained the diploma. Find out which certificate you need here. Send this physical copy with certificate to: Student’s office, KASK & Conservatorium, Louis Pasteurlaan 2, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
  2. Option 2: Bring your authenticated diploma with you at your final registration. Make an appointment for this. Please note that we cannot send you an invitation without an original copy.
  • Translation diploma(s)
    If your documents are in a language other than Dutch, French, German or English, then you must provide a sworn translation that meets the same requirements as the copy of your diploma.
  • Country specific diploma requirements
    • Students with a Dutch diploma, need the following diploma;
      Minimum diploma MBO level 4 for our professional bachelors. Havo diploma are not accepted.
    • Students with a Chinese diploma, need an APS certificate. The certificate is required for the student visa.
    • Students with an American (United States) diploma. Must prove that they have attained at least 4 "Advanced Placements". These must be clearly mentioned on the transcript of records.

  • Proof that you meet the Dutch language requirements.

If you have questions? toelatingsproeven@hogent.beMAIL

admission examination if your diploma isn't right

For more information and conditions go to the hogent website WWW
Heb je nog vragen? MAIL

What if you don't have the right diploma? You would like to register for a Bachelor's programme at KASK and Conservatorium, but you do not have a secondary school diploma or an equivalent recognized (foreign) diploma? Then you can still start one of our programmes, provided you pass an entrance examination.

language requirements

You can take this professional bachelor's programme in Dutch and English. If you wish to enrol in the English-language programme, you must follow Howest's procedure for English-taught programmes.

Application procedure English-taught programmes HowestWWW

Dutch language requirements

You must meet the Dutch language requirements to enroll in our professional and academic bachelor programmes. You can only follow the classes in Dutch.

The exception is the professional bachelor in digital design and development. You can follow this programme in English.

You automatically meet the Dutch requirements when; 

  • You have completed secondary studies in Flanders 
  • You have completed secondary education in one of the following countries, Kingdom of the Netherlands (Aruba, Curaçao, the Netherlands or St. Maarten) and Suriname. 

If you don’t meet the requirements above, we will accept on of the following Dutch language certificates; 

  • Proof that you have completed at least one year of learning in Dutch-language secondary education. 
  • Proof that you have passed either a program or one or more course unis, with a total study load of at least 60 credits in Dutch-language higher education. 

The certificates below must not be older than 2 years; 

  • Certificate of success of the course “Nederlands voor Anderstaligen 5” (NVA5) of the University Center for Language Education of UGent; 
  • Certificate level B2 for the Inter-university Language Test Dutch for Speakers of Other Languages (ITNA test) of the University Center for Language Education of UGent 
  • Any other certificate level B2 of a University Language Center (UCT, ILT, ACTO, Linguapolis) 
  • Any other level B2 certificate from a Center for Adult Education (CVO) 
  • Certificate Dutch as a Foreign Language (CNaVT) level B2 Educatief Startbekwaam (STRT) from the Taalunie 
  • Certificate Dutch as a Foreign Language (CNaVT) level B2 Business Professional (PROF) of the language union. 
  • Proof of success for the Dutch State Examination NT2 Program II 

Exceptions to the Dutch language requirements.  

These only apply for prospective students in the Academic Bachelor of Fine Arts, Audiovisual Arts or Music. (Not Drama)

If you do not currently meet the Dutch language requirements, you can still participate in our artistic admission tests and, if successful, enroll in the program. You need a certificate of enrollment from an official institute for Dutch language education. See above for which language certificates you can enroll.