For this advanced bachelor, the course of enrolment depends on your previous degree.

registering with a specific belgian diploma

If you have one of these Belgian diplomas, you can register directly via and do not have to go through an intake procedure. After registration, you can complete your registration online. You will receive the necessary information by e-mail.

  • Bachelor in agro and biotechnology (graduating option green management)
  • Bachelor of landscape and garden architecture
  • Bachelor of Applied Architecture
  • Bachelor of Science in architecture
  • Master of Science in architecture
  • Bachelor of Science in engineering architecture
  • Master of Science in engineering sciences in architecture
  • Bachelor of Science in geography and geomatics
  • Bachelor of Science in geography
  • Master of Science in geography
  • Master of Science in urban planning and spatial planning

intake procedure with other belgian diplomas

If you have a Belgian bachelor's degree other than those listed above, you will first follow the landscape development intake procedure.

  1. Register first on
  2. Complete the intake document as accurately as possible
  3. Make an appointment with the programme coordinator for the intake interview with the orientation committee. Send an e-mail to
  4. During an individual intake interview, they will examine your motivation. The data from your intake form form the basis for the interview. It is especially important that you can explain the elements in your file and clarify your choice of study and expectations. In addition, you will be probed for points of interest, general insights and thinking skills in the field of landscape development. Important qualities are: critical sense, commitment, drive, perseverance and self-discipline.
  5. Based on the intake form and the intake interview, the orientation committee makes a decision on whether or not to accept you for the programme. You will be informed of the decision immediately after the intake interview. 

admission examination with foreign diploma

Please note: depending on your country of origin, this procedure may take several months, so be sure to apply before 1 June.

If you have questions? MAIL

Register first on
You must upload the documents below with your online registration.

After registration, we will request confirmation of your degree(s):

  • Copy of diploma(s)
     “Authenticated diploma”, a copy of your diploma certified as authentic by the educational institution where you obtained the diploma. Find out which certificate you need here. Send this physical copy with certificate to: Student’s office, KASK & Conservatorium, Louis Pasteurlaan 2, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
  • Translation diploma(s)
    If your documents are in a language other than Dutch, French, German or English, then you must provide a sworn translation that meets the same requirements as the copy of your diploma.

The student affairs department checks whether your degree is equivalent to the predefined degrees. Only when you are admitted can you take part in the intake procedure. Just like students with a Belgian bachelor's degree other than those mentioned above.

language requirements

You must meet the Dutch language requirements to enroll in our professional bachelor programmes. You can only follow the classes in Dutch.

The exception is the professional bachelor in digital design and development. You can follow this programme in English.

You automatically meet the Dutch requirements when; 

  • You have completed secondary studies in Flanders 
  • You have completed secondary education in one of the following countries, Kingdom of the Netherlands (Aruba, Curaçao, the Netherlands or St. Maarten) and Suriname. 

If you don’t meet the requirements above, we will accept on of the following Dutch language certificates; 

  • Proof that you have completed at least one year of learning in Dutch-language secondary education. 
  • Proof that you have passed either a program or one or more course unis, with a total study load of at least 60 credits in Dutch-language higher education. 

The certificates below must not be older than 2 years; 

  • Certificate of success of the course “Nederlands voor Anderstaligen 5” (NVA5) of the University Center for Language Education of UGent; 
  • Certificate level B2 for the Inter-university Language Test Dutch for Speakers of Other Languages (ITNA test) of the University Center for Language Education of UGent 
  • Any other certificate level B2 of a University Language Center (UCT, ILT, ACTO, Linguapolis) 
  • Any other level B2 certificate from a Center for Adult Education (CVO) 
  • Certificate Dutch as a Foreign Language (CNaVT) level B2 Educatief Startbekwaam (STRT) from the Taalunie 
  • Certificate Dutch as a Foreign Language (CNaVT) level B2 Business Professional (PROF) of the language union. 
  • Proof of success for the Dutch State Examination NT2 Program II 

preparatory language year

Candidate-students for our professional bachelor programmes (interior design or landscape & garden architecture) that do not have the Vantage B2 language level (or equivalent) in Dutch can apply for the language preparation year.

The language preparation year can be followed in any officially recognized institute for Duch language instruction, provided the followed course can get you to the Vantage B2 level.

Prospective students who require a student visa to come to Belgium for the language preparation year, will only be able to receive the student visa when they have enrolled for a full language course at one of the University Language Centers.

Candidate students need to follow all steps of following procedure:

  1. Full application as required in our application procedure.
  2. Submission of correctly authenticated required documents
  3. Registration for the programme through Eventbrite and payment of the administration fee for the language preparation year.
  4. Registration at the University Language Center or Dutch language School.

When this procedure has been completed, a conditional acceptance letter will be issued and sent to the candidate. The Eventbrite fee is non-refundable, but will be deducted from the tuition fee at the time the candidate comes to enroll for our professional bachelor programme.

Applications will not be processed until confirmation of the Eventbrite fee payment.

Document authentication

KASK & Conservatorium only accepts true and authentic diploma documents to avoid document fraude. Therefore, depending on the country your diploma and transcripts were issued, you will need either a certification stamp, an apostille stamp or a legalisation stamp. Without having submitted a physical copy containing the original of this stamp, we cannot issue a formal invitation to enroll or enroll you.

To put things clear: you do not need this stamp on your documents to apply and do an interview/audition, but you will need to submit it before you enroll or wish to receive an invitation to enroll. Obtaining these authentications can take up quite a bit of time, so take care of this as soon as you can.

no stamp required

no stamp required for documents from:

  • Belgium
  • Ukraine

certification stamp required

Awarded by the school that issued the diploma.

  • Danmark 
  • Estonia
  • France
  • French Guyana
  • French Polynesia
  • Germany
  • Guadeloupe
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Ivory Coast
  • Kiribati
  • Latvia
  • Martinique
  • The Netherlands
  • Norfolk Island
  • Palestian Areas
  • Réunion

apostille stamp required

Awarded by an authority such as HCCH WWW

Documents from: 

  • Albania
  • Andorra
  • Antigua & Barbuda
  • Argentina
  • Armenia
  • Aruba
  • Australia
  • Austria
  • Azerbaijan
  • Bahamas
  • Bahrein
  • Barbados
  • Belarus
  • Belize
  • Bermuda
  • Bosnia & Herzegovina
  • Botswana
  • Brazil
  • Brunei
  • Bulgaria
  • Burundi
  • Cape Verde
  • Chile
  • China (SAR Hong Kong)
  • China (SAR Macau)
  • Columbia
  • Cook Islands
  • Costa Rica
  • Croatia
  • Cyprus
  • Czech Republic
  • Dominica
  • Dominican Republic
  • Ecuador
  • El Salvador
  • Eswatini
  • Fiji
  • Finland
  • Georgia
  • Granada
  • Greece
  • Guam
  • Guatemala
  • Guyana
  • Honduras
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • India
  • Israel
  • Japan
  • Kazachstan
  • Kosovo
  • Kyrgyzstan
  • Latvia
  • Lesotho
  • Liberia
  • Liechtenstein
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Macedonia
  • Malawi
  • Malta
  • Marshall Islands
  • Mauritius
  • Mexico
  • Moldova
  • Monaco
  • Mongolia
  • Montenegro
  • Morocco
  • Namibia
  • New Caledonia
  • New Zeeland
  • Nicaragua
  • Niue
  • Norway
  • Oman
  • Palau
  • Panama
  • Paraguay
  • Peru
  • Philippines
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • Russia
  • Saint Kitts and Nevi
  • Saint Lucia
  • Saint Vincent and The Grenadines
  • Samoa
  • San Marino
  • Sao Tome and Principe
  • Serbia
  • Seychelles
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • South Africa
  • Spain
  • Suriname
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Tajikistan
  • Tonga
  • Trinidad and Tobago
  • Tunisia
  • Turkey
  • Turks and Caicos Islands
  • United Kingdom
  • United States of America
  • Uruguay
  • Uzbekistan
  • Vanuatu
  • Venezuela
  • Wallis and Futuna

legalisation stamp required

Awarded by the Belgian Embassy or Consulate

  • Afghanistan
  • Algeria
  • Angola
  • Anguilla
  • Bangladesh
  • Benin
  • Bhutan
  • Bolivia
  • Burkina Faso
  • Cambodja
  • Cameroon
  • Canada
  • Central Africa Republic
  • China
  • Comoros
  • Congo (Brazzaville)
  • Congo (Democratic Republic)
  • Cuba
  • Djibouti
  • East-Timor
  • Egypt
  • Equatorial Guinea
  • Eritrea
  • Ethiopia
  • Gabon
  • Gambia
  • Ghana
  • Greenland
  • Guatemala
  • Guinea
  • Guinea-Bissau
  • Guyana
  • Haiti
  • Indonesia
  • Iran
  • Iraq
  • Jamaica
  • Jordan
  • Kenya
  • Kuwait
  • Laos
  • Lebanon
  • Liberia
  • Libya
  • Madagascar
  • Malaysia
  • Maledives
  • Mali
  • Mauritania
  • Micronesia
  • Mozambique
  • Myanmar
  • Nauru
  • Nepal (Double Legalisation)
  • Niger
  • Nigeria
  • North Korea
  • Pakistan
  • Papua New Guinea
  • Paraguay
  • Qatar
  • Rwanda
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Senegal
  • Sierra Leone
  • Senegal
  • Singapore
  • Solomon Islands
  • Sri Lanka
  • Syria
  • Tadjikistan
  • Tanzania
  • Tchad
  • Thailand
  • Togo
  • Tunisia
  • Turkmenistan
  • Tuvalu
  • Uganda
  • United Arab Emirates
  • Uzbekistan
  • Vanuatu
  • Vietnam
  • Yemen
  • Zambia
  • Zimbabwe

sending your documents


KASK & Conservatorium
Dienst studentenaangelegenheden
Louis Pasteurlaan 2
9000 Gent

If you passed an orientation test, you may still need to submit physical documents to the admissions officer. Depending on the country where the documents were issued, those documents must have certain stamps. Only on the basis of these authenticated documents can we issue a formal invitation to enrol.